Friday, November 11, 2011

White Empty Rooms

White Empty Rooms


White empty rooms share wall to wall.
Clean with the void of nothing.
I scream towards the illuminated ceiling.
Waiting for someone, waiting for a call.

Hands cusp, kneeling
In the center in a white room.
Is there anybody out there?
Can anyone see I'm not healing?

This void, this nothing I can't bear.
Escape, escape from this prison.
My heart can you hear it beat?
God, free me from this despair.

Sweat beads fall as this heat
Rises and my heartbeat fastens.
Pleading for anyone to call.
To hear my voice secrete.

To burst down this wall
And let me see the sky, the sun.
Isn't me that created my prison?
Didn't I make this cell wall?

I scream towards the illuminated ceiling.
Waiting for me to answer my own voice.
Waiting to burst open expression I've hidden.
Head low I stay there kneeling.



First off I am very pleased with this piece I've written. The last stanza breaks away from the rhythmic pattern I set up, instead in connects with the first stanza with "ceiling". Before I started this blog, and before I met some great writers through this blog, and one person in particular through email, who encouraged me to start this blog. Whom I am forever thankful for meeting. I really put myself in a cage, a prison. I couldn't write a single poem in months, and it was affecting my mood. I was becoming depress, indignant with myself. It feels great to finally sit back down again and write, just to simply write. But this piece, I want you to take your own meaning behind it, don't take mine. I see it one way, but you may see it another way and that is the beauty of poetry. Lately I've drifting some new pieces and I hope most of you enjoy them as I will post later on in the days. But until then I hope you read this poem, and go on and read the others. Poetry its good for the soul as I say!




1 comment:

  1. Jesse,

    I am touched by this piece and in many ways I can totally relate to it. I am so happy that you are blogging. It is the perfect outlet and there is a lot of inspiration out there in blogland. I love how your blog is evolving both in what you are writing and its aesthetics. It is just beautiful.

    Warmest wishes on this autumn day,

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Criticize me, applaud me, or simply share a thought. Thank you!