Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Orleans Voodoo

Most of us tend experience a wrong order pizza delivery once in a blue moon. Well I had one of those blue moons and so did another two people before me. So I called up, I wasn't angry, I just don't like mushrooms. She must had apologized so many times that I last track, but she told me she'll send the right pizza to me. Here I thought I had to drive up and confirm them that this wasn't the right pizza. But, no she told me that they'll send a guy back out to me. I was taken back with such generosity and kindness. It came and I ate it with glee! But now I have a large pepperoni and mushroom pizza though luckily my wife-to-be and roommates love mushrooms....I dislike mushrooms. I don't hate them, just dislike them.

So I've mention this guy before once, Andrew Bird. He is one of my favorite musicians and his "Bowl of Fire" album is zesty, full of spicy Louisiana jazz influence. Every song seems like the Bird must had to sell his soul to the devil himself. What I admire is the fact that he went down and tangoed with local musicians in creating such a masterpiece. In respect, I figured I'd a write a spicy, mysterious piece of art. 

Voodoo is in the Air

Vieux Carre isn't so fair?
Sitting among old jazz musicians
Who speak of fiery romances
And redeeming second chances.
In center of  New Orleans square.

Though instead of gumbo,
I ordered pizza with shrimp.
Creole woman with voodoo
Swag blows a kiss of evil 'juju'.
Pizza filled with shrimp so big, so jumbo.

In old fishermen's avenue
Eating a slice of shrimp pizza.
I eye that voodoo witch
Who blew a kiss in which 
Left me stunned, tricks of a ingenue!

Mardi gras is at a end,
But my night has just started.
As my witch entices romantic sins.
The touch, the vivacity of our skins
Intertwine in old mystic New Orleans. 



   Take a look of what inspires me. You never know you may come to love his art as much as me. I hope you have a good night and beautiful day tomorrow. As for me I'm going to go experience my own burning sins of desire! ;) Can't you see the type of seeds I'm sowing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticize me, applaud me, or simply share a thought. Thank you!