Friday, November 4, 2011

Coffee Chess Bums
















Coffee Chess Bums


In a old coffee cafe' I silently watch
Two men play a old game of chess.
Both with white hair and rustic hats
Contemplating and predicting moves.
I wonder if this brings a sense of peace
Or trying enlighten grooves,
In their old aged souls. 

Pawns, knights, kings, and queens move and fall.
Yet, both determined to win than lose.
Few peices remain and all are up for call.
Checkmate! yet the defeated old man 
With deep wrinkled brow gets up
And shakes the hands of his age old friend.
Though I sit in amazement with my empty cup.
Amazing how thirty years ago I saw them.
Younger and still playing chess while I just watched. 




Coffee and chess best two combinations in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticize me, applaud me, or simply share a thought. Thank you!