Sunday, November 18, 2012

No Disaster Will Halt Love

Charged ions burst through my nerves.
Intense electrical waves beg me to gasp.
Breathing cold air back into my lungs
Screaming till this voice is nearly rasp.

Adrenaline accelerates it's pulse.
Medical men plead for me to stay calm.
Injecting sedatives to stop the momentum,
Desperately trying to diffuse this bomb.

Knuckles white, bursting from this metal cage.
Police, medics rushing to control my will.
Staggering to the river bed I dive in.
Late autumn water proclaims it's icy chill.

In dark depths I struggle to pry open
Metal doors that lock away everything I hold dear.
Frantically punching at the glass till it shatters.
Pulling towards the surface my heart begins to fear.

Police, medics watch in angst to whats before them.
Staring hopelessly as a father cries.
A final attempt to save her I take one last breath.
Her young heart beats once more while another dies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticize me, applaud me, or simply share a thought. Thank you!