Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Dear I had a Good Idea. Lets Lay These Bones to Rest.

Exasperating groans fill my ears. 
Stinging glares from jaded eyes.
Voices rise such as the ocean tide.
Your cheeks stain from constant tears.

Minutes pass yet, the door slamming still rings.
Laying here with complicated thoughts.
Waiting until the earth begins to part. 
Another soul to pluck the violin strings. 

Grasping the air in clutch fists. 
Screaming till my lungs burst.
Collapsing on weak knees I grow silent.
My heart beating urging to persists. 

Standing, hearing the trumpets bellow.
I rush to find the one I hold so dear.
Madden by trepidation of never kissing her once more.
In adversity i'll pluck the strings of a cello.

Sitting alone on one of the park benches.
Weeping herself away in agony.
Quietly I sit, only to whisper forgiveness and love. 
Sitting together her hand clenches.

Together lets lay these bones to rest.
Nearly home we stop to hold each other.
Her soft lips whisper 'I love you'.
Pulling her closer to listen to my chest. 

A heart that never gave up or quit,
Kept on beating your name.
My blood flows of your essence.
Together our love will always emit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Criticize me, applaud me, or simply share a thought. Thank you!