Monday, October 31, 2011

"To Hell With This!" And those lesson plans!


                                                                         Magpie Tales


"To hell with this!" I scream and shout! As I throw the ink glass at the wall. The blacken blue ink smeared in a giant spot as glass shards share the floor in glistening sparkles of pure dark. As the over head light dimly gives them a shine. As for my typewriter not a single word is typed. Just white paper, white as a lone cloud in the Mojave desert, not filled with rain, not filled with electric spark. So too is this white paper. I reopen the crinkled piece of paper which contained the words,

'Oh another night of torment!
Here I am again struggling.
Furthering myself spent
Of fear of never being content.


Trying my best on smuggling
Words which I can' t find.'


I crush the paper in my hands again! "Worthless!" I whisper under my own breath. Again another night of not writing, not being able to express some sort of emotion or lingering feeling of this world and all its good and evil. I step and walk over to shut the lights. "Writers block" I mumble "The devil's cruel way of saying you won't be successful! To hell with this!" As a quick motion with my hand I shut the light.

That is my writing prompt for the Magpie tales. I figured I combine a poem and a little story. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I did writing it!

Its Halloween! So once again I am at the Brown Egg, its so nice in here though I wish we had more people with costumes. My fiancee is next to me writing away lesson plans for school. I haven't done my fair share yet but when I do...I think a few teachers may hate me. I'm a laid-back lets have fun, but if you abuse that atmosphere I can very strict. I know hes a fictional but John Keating from Dead Poets Society, but I aspire to be a teacher just like that. Students, including myself are more inspired to learn when the teacher himself, or herself are enjoying themselves when they teach. It makes the students interact more, which then prompts the class to learn more. What bores me is when a teacher lectures on and on in a almost monotonous way. But when a teacher who enjoys what they do is lively whether or not its just him or her lecturing or interacting with the class, the students are more willing and even active in learning. You are reading, (I'm sure you already knew) a future English Education Teacher, or for short EET. Which, if you cut the middle E. You're left with E.T. (Yeah I'm back with alien bro's and I want revenge!) Hahaha, no but English is my passion and I want my future students to appreciate it the art form of literature.  I hope you enjoyed the writing prompt from Magpie Tales!

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes blank paper can be a torment.....love your capturing of that....I am sure you stay busy with college....hope you had a nice Halloween. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how that white paper taunts us, now it has become a white screen, both cruel taunts, nice magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very disconcerting, a blank sheet can be! Hope it fills up with lovely words next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carrie, I did, I enjoyed very much. I hope you did too!

    As for that white paper, I held it at pen point and told it to put some words on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Screens are all very well, but when the words won't come you can't crumple the screen up. Nor can you make a paper dart from it. Excellent Magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesse you have such a gift with your writing. I am so glad you are sharing it with the rest of us. Lovely Magpie:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. white paper - the scariest thing a writer can face

    ReplyDelete
  8. it fits quite well as a prologue to mine.
    i like it.

    ReplyDelete

Criticize me, applaud me, or simply share a thought. Thank you!